2947. My Students' Things as Mine


 
We teachers should make our students’ things like they were of ours: their joys and sorrows.
Also because I have seen this incarnated in some grand teachers and educators.
Because of that we have to learn how to carefully listen to them.
Now I’m thinking of a student of mine, of last school year. I felt I had to listen to him – they were private tuition. I noticed he was talking about rather some trifles or unimportant things for classes themselves.
However I had to listen to him, and his things were important for him, so as well they should be important for me too.
I don’t mean we had to talk about nonsense stuff, so I had to change the conversation if I noted he wanted to just waste time of the class or the kind. I focus on that point anyway: his things should be mine as well, and thus I had to bear them in mind and take charge of them myself.
I repeat it on purpose: I had to change the discourse if he wanted to lose class time. He is a smart kid anyway.
By the way I haven’t been writing for rather long and now I feel my style is not kind of as good as it was, many weeks ago – my style was the one of a non-native speaker anyway. Well, here we are: patience, good humor and sorry for the mistakes, nice readers! / Photo from: www studentachievement org. I was thinking... in case of girls of course we have to be prudent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2064. Connecting people from different countries

2445. We Had Nice Teachers To Remember!

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient