2769. About Private Classes



Yesterday I began to teach new private classes. One of them is to a kid aged 10. 

Although he’s so young I asked him what he expected from me in order to help him. “What can I do for you?” was the question but in Spanish, amongst other reasons because it was a tutoring session rather than a class proper. 

I guess this question can put him to a point of responsibility for being the student. What I meant was that he is the Protagonist of his own learning process. I tried to pass him on that responsibility. 

At these classes I’ll speak in Spanish – about his homework, his tests, his grammar stuff…- except when I want to help him to improve his speaking competence and skill. / Photo from: LR-carlsberg3 newdiscovery blogfa com. the picture is just for fun and for an illustration to the post. I would appreciate any of you native English speakers to correct my prepositions use

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

758. Irregular verbs now and then

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

1188. Effort and eagerness are very important

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient