2269. Why American English?



Some people ask me why my English is American, while in Spain the British variety is well seen, and the American English is considered as not English, by many people, more or less. 

Well, I will let you know tomorrow about this point. 

Or better said, why not right now? 

Look, I’ve trained and coached mostly American university students who have come to Spain to teach English in summer or in winter. 95% of the youngsters I’ve trained are from the USA, and that’s it. 

Thus I feel better with American English, I do not discard British English though. I studied my degree in British English, here in Spain, namely Philology of English. / Photo from: US flag in the classroom of a Christmas Story 1983

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2788. A Smiling Teacher

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family