2197. Nice things, nice reality



While we teacher and students today were chatting before today’s class – sometimes in Spanish, some other times in English, in a naturalistic way – I told them, my adult students, that they had advanced pretty a lot. 

I hadn’t thought about this in advance, I mean, about telling about their progress in listening and speaking. 

I gently praised their progress. 

Ok, today they’ve struggled even more to participate, listen attentively, intervene, explain something to some classmate… Today even we had a leak on the ceiling, if I can call that phenomenon a leak: quite a nice quantity of water was just falling from pipes over the false ceiling. 

A girl student told me about the water falling. We needed a bucket! I then grabbed the trash can as a bucket, and told that girl in English to go to fetch someone from the secretary office. 

Soon two plumbers came up and worked on that, while I was trying to carry on the class, which has turned out nice. / Photo from: barneveld-prairie www nature org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2064. Connecting people from different countries

2065. Teaching grammar with meaningful examples