2170. Can I still learn a language?



Can adults learn, even acquire, English or another modern language? 

Scholars H. D. Brown, Enrique Cámara and M. Teresa Calderón state a qualified YES. 

Cognitive and linguistic functions and communicative experiences make adults good students and learners of English or another tongue. 

Some people have told me something like “Young children can learn and acquire a language, but me, with a diminishing memory?” 

Well, try hard in this task: I have seen cases (my students for example) that have gotten to speak in English somewhat fluently, or at least somewhat capable. Come on! You can, and your adults the same. 

Well, I have to pinpoint my students already knew some English before – they weren’t beginners – yet they’ve improved remarkably. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2788. A Smiling Teacher

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?