2118. Having your students speaking in the target language



Currently and mainly I teach adults. 

The point is to help them learn and acquire the capability of speaking in English. 

We have few classes per week and I had thought to confine the aim to speaking. So the students describe full color pictures, define words in English, I have them translate useful expressions from Spanish into English. 

I hand out worksheets with texts and sentences we exploit in classes, and which ones are the origin to have a topic to talk about. 

Oh, and they listen to me speaking in English in a massive way – we have immersion. / Photo from: www pecsma hu. swimming. The picture is just an illustration

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2064. Connecting people from different countries

2445. We Had Nice Teachers To Remember!

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient