1949. Just tricks to learn a foreign language



An English language teacher could read novels in their original version so as maintain his English alive during vacations, because he has no chance to speak with somebody in that language immediately. 

It seems sound to read with a dictionary. 

Something I do is I want to look up a word that usually I understand from the context, anyway I look it up. 

However, while looking up the word, I encounter an interesting word in the dictionary – then I forget the word I was looking up and focus on the other word; at least I learn a new word; I stop looking up the first word. 

Learning strategies go ok with some learners and may work bad with others; it’s up to you - even during a year a learner may change strategies. / Photo from: Eiffel Tower from Champ de Mars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3656. Creating Genuine Communication in Class

819. As fresh as singing in the rain

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

2533. Concerned Teachers: Bravo!

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family