1781. How To Do Things in a Correct Way



Teacher trainer Mrs. M. J. A. taught me a way to teach verbal tenses and other grammar points. 

First the students listen to the examples of what I did last weekend for instance, in past simple. I told them what I did. 

Then I asked them what they did, molding their sentences for a bit and correcting their sentences; typically they will say sentences in present simple. 

Then I write the examples on the smart board or chalkboard. So now they read out the sentences in past simple, one by one. 

Then they copy them on their notebooks, plus other examples from their invention – I correct what I see in some notebooks whilst circulating across the classroom. It’s something rather naturalistic: they listen, they speak, they read, they write. 

And so we have the four language skills applied. You can try and do it yourself. 

In warmers at the beginning of next classes we will practice these steps for a short time, and not one day, but several ones. / Photo from: maquinistageneral. The scene is a well-known one, starring a famous actor of the beginnings of cinema, whose name I don't remember now, sorry, you may know it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2788. A Smiling Teacher

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family