1723. A hard training for an exam



At present I’m training a candidate for the examinations of Cambridge University. 

His level is too low for First Certificate. However he does need that diploma. 

I train him for the aural parts and writing. The other parts of the examination can be practiced by himself, on his own – he has the keys and answers. 

Albeit he is that low I know I’ve got to train him. In the classes I’m learning that positive motivation is okay with him; instead of letting him know what doesn’t work I encourage him and tell him what correct is. 

Moreover we’re practicing against the clock: the exam can be soon. 

I take advantage of what he already knows, to try to push him up, and create a nice atmosphere. He feels good after such a positive motivation – anyway I make him many corrections. 

One other point is that I’m using British English because the exam is, as I said, for Cambridge University – I don’t mind the change in the variety of English, of course. / Photo from: exam invigilation. www examwatch com au

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2788. A Smiling Teacher

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?