1617. Trying to do difficult tasks



While teaching and telling things to my students (retired people) sometimes I feel the temptation to say something in Spanish, but I aim at English, I let them know I was going to say something in Spanish, and I explain an anecdote (for example) in English. 

I try all the class be in English, alike when they participate. They sometimes say things in Spanish but more and more they’re saying things in English. 

Yesterday, Wednesday, a male student talked in English for 2 or 3 minutes. That was communication in English! They’re understanding English more and more. I speak rather slow and use the whiteboard to help my explanations, for example by writing some words, even more if those words are cognates to words in Spanish. / Photo from: window cleaning www photo-dictionary com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2064. Connecting people from different countries

2445. We Had Nice Teachers To Remember!

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo