1614. How to help a depressed friend of yours. Some clues



Yesterday, on post # 1613, I wrote about a student of mine, an adult, who doesn’t attend classes anymore. 

Today I’ve called him. I’ve said to him that 12:05pm was not a time to stay in bed. That he ought to rise and do things. 

He’s depressed, and the worst enemy of a depressed person is staying in bed. He says there is flu over there, and that he has flu. As I said, I told him to get up. 

I tried to use my words tactfully. 

Each step he does should be praised. 

I also told him to go to his doctor – in Spain we have a social health system for any person. That doctor could also tell him things, helpful ones. All this is a summary. Pray for him and for us, please. We’ve got to win this battle. He's an old person more or less. / Photo from: reading page www ocps net

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

2788. A Smiling Teacher

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?