1076. Young kids speak English naturalistically




Teacher B said to teacher A, “I’ve seen in my classes how young kids speak in English as another means to communicate, together with Spanish, their mother tongue. 

On the other side and from my experience of teaching retired people, they trend to translate, both directions. In my classes with these latter learners I try to speak in English all the time, but – such is life – I’ve got to turn into Spanish. 

However, I must keep the sane struggle to speak in English. And something else about these latter learners I can say is that they use learning strategies, one of which is translation. I’m happy.” / Photo from: sunshinecoastdaily com au. 03-10-2011 FAMILY LIFE 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2788. A Smiling Teacher

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family