1058. My oldie students are speaking in English




Teacher B said to teacher A, “My adult students, retired people, are starting to speak in English. 

Now I address them by their names, and ask them for example to summarize one paragraph of the story I wrote on a worksheet, which I had handed out to them some days ago. 

They speak, so there is communication in the target language. Some of them speak rather broken English, but there’s communication among us. And that communication was one of the goals for the current academic year. I’m happy, and they too.” / Photo from: thirdage com. old people talking

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2445. We Had Nice Teachers To Remember!

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo