926. The key thing is immersion



One day teacher of English A said to teacher of English B, “I can see that if you teach classes to rather oldish people you have to turn to their mother tongue, for example for grammar explanations.

I’m trying, anyway, to find the way to speak all in English. H. D. Brown used to say that even adults can acquire and not merely learn a modern language.

With my young students – 10 years – I will keep on talking all in English albeit they won’t understand everything. Remember I kinda try to pretend I do not speak Spanish in class – their and my mother language. If possible, immersion is preferable, but each case must be considered and then something specific will be looked to.” / Photo from: pguims-random-science blogspot com. scuba-diving    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2788. A Smiling Teacher

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?