897. Aural practicing in class



One day teacher of English A said to teacher of English B, “You know what? I’m eager to start the academic year. I’ve got some experience from last year and am pretty eager to begin.

This evening I’m trying to get some time to sit in front of the screen of the computer and just think of the things I can do this year; also the necessities and expectations of my students, and also some ideas I can use to foster speaking in English, like discussions. What about? For example, something really interesting about yesterday, late world and home news, their concerns and interests, their opinions about the topics the coursebook brings about at the opening... whatever things to try and open up their minds.

Some students will say a lot and with others I’ll try to get something said, dunno, things that have to do with the topics: from colors, yes/no questions, dates and times – gently praising their achievements... I’ll let you know about all this when we begin within a few days.” / Photo from: blogs sfu com. classes of French language

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2788. A Smiling Teacher

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family