797. If you wish, you'll get it





A girl of 15 wrote one day on the diary she was keeping the following ideas. She used to write it in English, so as to practice.




My teacher of History – I would say – insists too much on the things I do wrong in my study of History. It’s fair and just to say he also tells me the things I do well. The thing I want to pinpoint here is that I must think I CAN study and learn History; as well and as a result I CAN pass the subject. If a student doesn’t think he or she can actually improve and pass a subject, he or she more likely will not pass the subject – and learn the contents of the subject too. Summing up: I have to think I can pass History because I’m going to study harder... and with a real interest in getting to know how people lived in previous centuries, which is interesting.




/ Photo from: travelinos com. alnwick castle outside

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2064. Connecting people from different countries

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo