636. Writing with a reader in mind




Today I publish a comment I wrote to an article about Teaching writing: Making writing communicative . Both were published in British Council – BBC site. Hope it would be any useful. The article was composed by TE Editor. The link to this useful web site is www.teachingenglish.org.uk / Photo from: student writing scsssd blogspot com.


Fernando M Díez


Submitted on 19 May, 2011 - 08:12


Hi TE Editor and everyone,


Thank you, TE Editor, for the interesting article about writing. It will help me improve and brush up my implementing this skill activity with my students.


I'm now pointing out one useful idea - among the many others which are also helpful: writing with a reader in mind. In the tests I set I could ask them to write the usual short story I include as one question, bearing in mind they're writing that short story to be published in Facebook and that hundreds of teens their age could read the tales. All of this, of course, as something imaginary: they're writing to me.


Or even I could try to encourage them to write the story by trying to write something really interesting and entertaining for me when I've got to correct the pile of test papers, so as to alleviate that charge of correcting and marking: 'And remember to write a beautiful stroy or a thriller which might provide a bit of relaxing to me when correcting your exams, your tests.' All of this with some nuance of humour or a smile.


Best wishes for all TE team


Fernando M D G


Granada, Spain


http://fernandoexperiences.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3656. Creating Genuine Communication in Class

819. As fresh as singing in the rain

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

2533. Concerned Teachers: Bravo!

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family