616. Trying to hit upon the right method



One day teacher of English A said to teacher of English B, “Last year I taught private classes to a student – was he 15 years aged? Anyway, in the first classes I used to give him advice about learning strategies. Ok, that’s necessary.


I helped him also to face the coursebook: for a student that age often some textbooks are something they don’t know how to study. However, one day I applied something it might go in something more useful to pass his tests. The grammar point of next test was phrasal verbs. He had to know a set of them, and there would be exercises on them.


I made him – basically – repeat the phrasal verbs over and over, in different ways. At last he achieved to know them and I found him more motivated.”


Today I started a new label: “private classes”. If you want to find more about them from older posts you can type “private classes” in the Search app. / Photo from: petervaldivia com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2064. Connecting people from different countries

2445. We Had Nice Teachers To Remember!

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient