540. A new way of doing things


One day teacher of English B said to teacher of English A, “A few years ago I started to teach a course for old (not much old) or adult university graduates. Now I’m talking about my first day with them. On the last post I told you about what Wenden and Rubin say about the learner’s unique way. I’ve said a lot of things on this blog, and I’ll say more things about those two scholars and experts. Now what I mean is that first day I had to change some methods of my of teaching methodology. I had to speak in Spanish during half the class. The students were so concerned about learning English. They asked me many questions about grammar and vocabulary they already know, or which they had some confusion about. It was a great experience. I had to re-plan everything for those marvelous people. As well some of them (all?) wished to learn English because they wanted to travel abroad. It was great.” / Photo from: pianist-in-london photobucket com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2064. Connecting people from different countries

2065. Teaching grammar with meaningful examples