531. Do you like this panorama?


One day teacher of English A said to teacher of English B, “I told you on post # 526 that I had started to teach a course of English to retired people – nearly two thirds of the class are retired people. These days I’ve thought - tell me your opinion - the best thing to do in the first classes is to be honest, clear, authentic. I mean, to let these people know I’m used to teaching young people; that I’ll try to do my best; I’m at their disposal; I’ll consider their suggestions if they have any; I’ll track their learning and redirect my first idea of the way of teaching. In other words, I’ll apply my methodology but taking truly into account the feedback I get from them. This way of doing can be a way to break the ice, to stand closer to them, to show them my wish to teach them. This being at their disposal doesn’t hinder from the authority and respect I have for being their teacher and the director of their learning.” / Photo from: FondoAlhambra viajeenelmundo com ar. Alhambra palace is in Granada, the city where I live.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2445. We Had Nice Teachers To Remember!

2064. Connecting people from different countries