387. A competent worker


One day teacher B said to teacher A, “I have just realized that I may have told you little on female teachers, explicitly. Anyway, all said here on the blog can be applied to women, as you can easily infer.

Women have special, unique things or traits or characteristics that make for a different approach to teaching a language.

I have worked mostly at single-sex schools or centers, not always anyway, and my colleagues have been male teachers, most of the times, not always either.

A woman has a special, unique, like I said before, addressing and treating her students, and tenderness, and concerning. Women, I’d say, are, so as to speak, more capable to be after little daily details. On top of that, in Spain, most of the teachers of English are women. In my ‘92 class we were some five guys, and some fifteen girls (philology of English, campus of Jaen, within Universidad de Granada, still at those moments; Granada is south of Jaen, next province). Don’t get me wrong but women are more sensitive with regard to individual treatment with persons.

Women are essential for TEFL/TESL: a big piece of human culture and history is in their hands.” Photo from www mitchelteachers net

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2788. A Smiling Teacher

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?