363. They miss nothing of the class


One more game, a listening-jogging one.

I write an interesting story (rather short) on my class-notes.

I feel as if the Internet offers umpteen activities, tips, etc., but when I want to copy and print a worksheet or a text... they don't quite fit my students' level or necessities or the grammar or the notional approach it presents. Because of that I just write my own stories, connected with their own concernings.

So, I read a text aloud, in the class, twice, and they listen, right?

I somewhat act out when reading, only a bit, so as to focus their attention. And the follow-up activity is I read some statements and they have to say if they are either true or false or not in the text. I try to read the statements with kind of a cunning look, and I get silent to let them think and reply.

It's okay, it works. /Photo thanks to www asiapacific basf com - Oh, also read them texts about, for example, general culture, we need kids willing to change the world as much as possible. It's up to the people you have in your classroom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

2788. A Smiling Teacher

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?