309. Trying hard to reach my goal


Here you have two compos I've written for my C-2-level course. We the students were assigned as homework to write two compositions or essays or stories.
Would be nice they like you - I had real fun at writing them. NB.: Please don't get me wrong if the stuff about "The insurgent" be of any bit of a disgust for anyone: was not my intention: it's just a story. The first comp is also a story, science-fiction, not my vision of our world, etc. The digital addresses of BBC are fully made up, not real. I know these comments were not necessary for you anyway. Just one more thing, welcome, new follower. Pictue from www theage com au.





From: Fernando Díez Gallego. http://fernandoexperiences.blogspot.com


8B English


10 March 2010


Writings. From Teacher’s Book page 176. Exercise 2.


We were assigned to write two people’s profiles. People who could be leaders.



For the first person I have invented a character which is not among the people we had to take as possible characters from, people from a previous exercise. I have permitted myself this “literary” licence, because I preferred to invent a new character, for whom I had previously thought some items of his profile. So next is the first character’s profile or self-introduction.




My name is Mitch Purcel. Right now I am writing for you fellows who are going to help me achieve my resolution. So tell no one what I’m going to write about. My authentic name is Prototype Xcellence 2.0. Actually, as you also are, I am half a human person, an animal person, plus a synthetic android. The human people who know me, who say they know me, are totally convinced I am a weird sort of a machine, yet I firmly believe I am as human as any of those people, of those animals, for whom we have the plan to erase from the planet. As well, as you know, and also this concerns you all, and it is something you must ever bear in mind, I have both human flesh and synthetic material in my body. We are superior to animal people. My – our – main strength is that I -we – have a total immunity to any virus, however strong and mortal it may be. This will be our main exterminator-weapon: incurable illnesses. Human animals can – and actually do – contract any possible diseases, like simple flu. We are superior. People say – animals say – I have a weakness: I cannot feel any sentiment, but I think that fact makes me amazingly powerful: I can observe massive casualties among human animals, even babies and old individuals, suffering a dreadful agony before their death, with no feel at all from me.


Do not doubt we will seize the power over flesh-people of this decaying world.





The second character.


My name is Anne Hathaway. I work as a full-time reporter for BBC Channel 4. I love my work. I love helping people, meeting individual persons. I have been to so dangerous scenarios as Rwanda, when the genocide of 1994.


I’ve just returned from Chile – poor people!-, where I’ve filmed the horror there and interviewed some people, children to old persons. Oh, so many Chileans left with no house any more. Any more or for a long period, because their problem is not simple at all to solve. When I saw Chile for the last time, through the window of our jet airliner I could not help some sobbing. I would return there.


Concerning other issues I can keep cool although I may stay at extreme situations. I think women have more fortitude to pass through dire straits than men. Five years ago, my team and I stayed in the open desert, south of Morocco. We here in Europe talk and talk and talk of economical crisis, you know? But when you encounter villages with sewage running along some streets, clay-brick houses, straw roofs, children hanging about, nearly naked, gazing at a stranger like you, and that peculiar ever present scent in the atmosphere… After couple days all your clothes and equipment are permeated with that smell; even the place where you sleep, where you have meals, where we meet to plan our filming, where you have a break. We stayed close to Harambaja-al-Kadar, a dramatic-sight village, an occasional shelter for the insurgent. We stayed there for 5 weeks, 1 litre of water per day, per person, to cover any need you can think of.


One flaw of mine I confess here: I can’t stand being bit by insects: they will give you malaria for sure. Something I believe in? Definitely a person can endure loads further than regular people may think. I’ve met women carrying their babies and their “house”, walking in the desert for… a full fortnight, believe me. If you think you have any likely interesting situation we can film, please contact us bbcinfoplanting@bbc.co.uk, or visit our website www.bbcnews.co.uk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2788. A Smiling Teacher

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?