271. Use things that grind their attention


One day teacher B said to teacher A, "I've realized that if you use your students' likes and favorite topics as stuff for the exercises and activities, they get more stuck and prone to participate. I've made one student to grind a prompt in order to make him speak out something. This student supports Barça soccer team, in the Spanish soccer league. I said the best player was Cristiano Ronaldo - a famous player of Real Madrid-, so he startled and showed his disagreement, you know, in a funny way, by replying something. We've practiced the verb be by saying things about Real Madrid and Barça. I mean, I wrote on the whiteboard am, are , is. Then I said out sentences with a blank, which they had to complete by using one of those verbal forms. In this game-activity I referred to the coaches, players, etc. Otherwise they would keep on not using properly the forms of the verb be. We repeat something similar in later classes, to learn those forms."
mathildaweirdworldweblog files wordpress com, thank you for the picture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2445. We Had Nice Teachers To Remember!

2064. Connecting people from different countries