253. I guess she is smart


One day teacher A said to teacher B (both girls are colleagues but at different schools),
"A few weeks ago a new student registered in my school, where I work.
She is some thirteen.
Her dad had told me his daughter was hyperactive, and was not quite good at English.
Ok, I took her into a parlor room of our center, and we had a small conversation.
A necessary conversation for me to learn about her and her progress at the English subject from her former school.
I tried to carefully listen to what she was telling me.
I asked her some questions to make up my mind about her flaws and strong points.
I tactfully tried to learn some about the context of her family as well.
She says she understands English when spoken, less when reading, though. Etc. Also I told her that at our school it's the students themselves who treat their teachers nice, respectfully: so we get confidence from the students and advice from the teachers.
I got out of the parlor somehow satisfied with this conversation.
Afterwards she turned out fine at the games with her classmates, better than what I had learned from what her dad had told me.
I'm glad with having a new student with us.
I introduced her to her new classmates.
You know? I think she is polite and can make a nice progress.
A happy 2010 to you!"
fc06 devianart net: thank you for the picture!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2445. We Had Nice Teachers To Remember!

382. A school... of fish