244. You are kidding, huh?


The teacher trainer/coach told me,
[from now on, the posts are in AmE again].
"I wanted here to tell you something so helpful for your classes, I hope.
Sense of humor.
Some way that sense of humor permeates all the class-period.
A few days ago, I started a mental-calculation game with my kids, beforehand explaining the Plus and Minus signs.
This game gets them so stuck and silent, as though it be no one in the classroom.
Then when you say "make" or "equal", at the end of the thread of operations, all of them shout the result at you.
You say a chain of numbers joined by Plus and Minus, rather slowly.
Once I started to say this thread of math operations, but more and more fast [sic], and then they realized of the tricky and humorous streak I had given to that thread, provoking a big mental mess, and all us had a small laugh.
It's cool."
www ecomodelismo com, thank you for the photo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo

2445. We Had Nice Teachers To Remember!