176. Empathy?

The teacher trainer told veteran teacher Shean,
"Yesterday I had a class with some students with a low level of English.
Even one of them had showed cognitive problems lately.
I was worried the class-period would not turn out well.
However, when one student said a correct answer or reply, I gently praised him; tired I felt though, and this fact made me feel better.
Also, for my surprise, the student with cognitive flaws got into the center of the target, and I also praised him, with a smile and some words of comfort.
Anyway, what I mean is that the result of the class-period had worked better than my previous expectations.
Why better?
Because of affection and considering the students as better as I had foreseen.
And the students themselves got out of the classroom a bit more satisfied."

Soy Iñigo Montoya, tú mataste a mi padre, prepárate a morir. From The Princess Bride movie. Thanks to nationallampoon com .

Comments

"Mi name is Íñigo de Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!" Memorable cita.
Me gusta la foto: eres tú mismo.

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2064. Connecting people from different countries

2445. We Had Nice Teachers To Remember!

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient